View Single Post
Old 20th April 2020, 12:05   #2
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

My son has a tooth ache from one that required a deep filling last year. The dentist then said it may not work and if he gets pain book an appt and we may have to remove it. As luck would happen just a few days before lockdown the pain started so he rang and got an appt. When lockdown happened they then rang and cancelled it saying if it gets worse ring. It did so he rang and as with you the dentist rang him back. He told him take pain killers and if your face or neck swells ring me back and I will get antibiotics sent to your home. You will need to take course that will take the swelling away. Ring again if the swelling returns and we will send more antibiotics. Once we are out of lockdown you will be a priority for treatment. WE cannot do any more during the lockdown, sorry.

Not such a good service as your getting. The government was supposed too set up 180 "hubs" but at the last time I checked only 50 exist so most of the country is not covered. So we in Yorkshire cannot get emergency dental treatment even with an infected tooth which would normally be treated urgently to stop complications which can have serious consequences. Could this be due to dentists not wanting to offer the service or not enough PPE for the service to be available? Probably the answer when we hear so much on the subject from care homes etc.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote