View Single Post
Old 26th November 2012, 17:23   #9
ProfDave
This is my second home

ZTT, Contemp Saloon, Duotone Tourer

I have the red PF bush; it replaced a dreadful OE one (in terms of it being broken). I have found it to be great. It is a solid flexible mount so it is bound to give some vibration transmission. However all the servicing and fettling of the engine, filters, fluids, exhaust etc have done allot more to getting rid of vibration than I think I could expect from moving back to the OEM mount. Now my water bottle in my cupholder in drive has virtually no ripples in it at the lights and when pulling off whereas it was quite shakey prior to sorting out all the engine issues.

Looking at the Roewe option I think it looks a better design in terms of where the forces will come so I think I will go for one of these if it goes again (simply to allow a quicker swap although in reality the red rubber is easy to swap).

If I was new to the situation and looking to do the mount I would definitely do the Roewe mount to save time trying to get the OEM mount appart which is the time consuming bit as it seems for most.
ProfDave is offline   Reply With Quote