View Single Post
Old 27th December 2012, 19:26   #10
bassman
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Saloon (Manual)with XPower Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
Andrew have you had a listen to see if your ITP is still working?

Agree if you never let your tank run below a quarter full then you won't notice a failed ITP, but fail it will and it has no bearing on tank level, as all the ones I've seen the commutator has worn out.

Mike
I thought with low level there was a chance on say turning a corner, that all the fuel could go over to the side of the tank where the pump isn't......causing it to run dry for a time......Does this running dry not have an ill effect on it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
I find that if the maf is left disconnected for too long the ecu will eventually default to a pre determined map which you will see as a drop in power. Like Brian says, sort when you can then its done
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogweed View Post
Absolutely. When I bought my 75, it was dead flat to drive, and the ECU had been disconnected for a year or more. I fitted a new sensor to it, and the difference was very noticeable.
Thanks for this, theres no doubt, I have lost power, but with still getting 46mpg, the loss is quite acceptable, although I will get a Bosch MAF after the year....

Last edited by Dragrad; 30th December 2012 at 00:52.. Reason: Consecutive posts
bassman is offline   Reply With Quote