Thread: ZS
View Single Post
Old 28th August 2021, 10:05   #3
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
looking inside the engine bay on the mg zs with the kv6 2.5 engine installed i noticed the position of the coolant reservoir bottle. in the opposite corner at the bulkhead of the car. a different design and capacity. also much higher than the original . it looks like it holds a lot more coolant and probably does not have to be lifted when the coolant refill proceedure is followed. i dont know how or where the hoses to the bottle are routed but it looks a better idea than the R40 set up. maybe it even has a low coolant level sensor as well !! having not had a ZS or seen under the bonnet with the KV6 fitted i thought why or when was it changed . the air box looks different but where it sits in the ZS cant leave much space for the clutch assemblies. its got me thinking ..
Theoretically it could hold more, as could the 75 reservoir, but mine in the picture is at max. No coolant level sensor, not that I've seen.

The air box goes straight down leaving lots of room, I can even see the clutch lever!

Hope you noticed that unlike the 75 there's room to access the rear spark plugs

Regards

vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote