View Single Post
Old 15th May 2022, 08:57   #1
Sebastienclement
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

Default My Chatsworth Saloon Project

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've posted here, but I've very much been involved with all things Rover 75 still. For the past 11 years 75s have been my daily drivers and there aren't many other cars that I could see myself in.

Over the past decade I have owned the following:
  • 75 Club White Gold 1.8
  • 75 Classic SE Moonstone Green
  • 75 Club 2.0 CDT Mignight Blue (288,000 miles!)
  • 75 Connoisseur SE 2.0 CDT Copperleaf Red
  • 75 Connoisseur SE 2.0 Kv6 Damson Red (Still owned!)
  • 75 Connoisseur SE Long Wheel Base 2.5 Kv6 Starlight Silver

About a year ago I found a low mileage (11,800m) MK2 Chatsworth Saloon for sale locally. I've coveted a Chatsworth car for a LONG time, so I simply had to have it - so I did!

It's been an interesting year of recommissioning, and more of a project that I ever thought it would be. But I'm now nearing the end of the recomiissioning process, and the car will be at some shows this year. We're already booked for the BMC Day at Gaydon & MG40 on the Monogram Stand.

The work I've had done on the car in the last year comes to a good few thousand pounds, and includes:
  • Recomissioning Service (Fluids and filters inc. gearbox fluid change)
  • Modification of Sunroof Drains
  • Interior fully stripped out to cure water ingress
  • New carpet due to the above
  • Replace most trim clips to stop rattles
  • Add sound insulation to doors / boot floor
  • Rear light seals (just to be sure!)
  • Replacement alternator & auxiliary belt
  • Replacement fuel hose & non return valve (leaking)
  • 4x Tyres, Balancing & Alignment
  • Dinitrol treatment to the inside of the sills
  • Brake discs and pads all round#
  • Replacement front coil springs
  • Replacement driver's door card (sagging material)
  • Replacement wheels & refurb (previous owner had managed to buckle one!)

There are other bits and bobs, but that's that main things. The front end of the car wobbled like jelly when I first got it at anything over 40mph. This turned out to be a culmination of a buckled wheel (thanks to the previous owner), warped discs, and out of balance wheels / tyres.

The previous owner was elderly, and to be quite honest, based on some of the things I've found, he shouldn't have been driving. Because of this there is paintwork that will need doing, although the car is in excellent condition, it would be nice for it to be perfect.

All that's left is to post some pictures below, and I'm sure that we'll see plenty of you guys at the shows this year

Sebastienclement is offline   Reply With Quote