View Single Post
Old 11th January 2018, 15:46   #10
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Hi Dave, Its a hard one I know, but its always best to think sensibly and not with your heart at times like this. If you can afford to keep the car as a hobby so that you dont regret selling it later, then go buy yourself a small cheap run-about that will get you from A to B cheaply. But this is still no guarantee you will avoid the expensive repairs bills, not unless you buy new (and this will only bring you a few years grace).

I've been harsh with my vehicles over the years when I've been faced with a expensive repair bill, I've either sold or traded-in and moved on and bought something different. Majority of the time it has always worked out for the best, the next car has always been a gooden.

My current red ZT has been the only car that I've actually kept that has cost me a small fortune, normally I've gotten rid by now and bought something else. Some cars are worth sticking with I guest, but I'm not sure how long I can keep the beast going for, living down here in Dorset doesn't help. The garage services around here only work on new cars, they dont seem to want to know about the older car. Their faces look so confused when I bring in a ZT, you would think the car was 100 years old.

Good luck with what ever you decide buddy, I'm sure there's a cool car out-there with your name on.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote