View Single Post
Old 4th March 2021, 13:58   #69
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu View Post
There’s been a lot of talk about this. Now it’s happening in Bristol:

‘Bristol is set to become the first city in Britain to ban diesel cars under the toughest measures yet seen to combat air pollution.

The city council wants to prohibit diesels from entering part of the centre from 7am to 3pm daily to cut dangerous levels of nitrogen dioxide (NO2).

It will apply to all diesels, irrespective of age, including the cleanest Euro 6 models registered since 2015. Owners of petrol cars will be exempt, though research shows that older petrol vehicles release high levels of emissions.

Drivers who ignore the ban will be fined as part of the measures, due from March 2021. Motoring groups labelled the plans “unprecedented” and said that many low-income families would be hit.’ Sunday Times

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b...cars-kbrlz6ttw

Anyone going to be affected by this? Fortunately mine’s a petrol.
Everything is labelled 'unprecedented' these days, it is a great way to justify any decision made by those who are in a position to make these decisions, and by those who are in no position to do anything about these decisions.

Are they going to ban buses, emergency vehicles, delivery vehicles etc.
I myself think that exhaust emissions are responsible for serious health problems and I can follow the logic behind the ban, however it may well have the effect of further putting the final nails into the coffin that most city centres have become, time will tell, after all we are living in unprecedented times, I am not sure what that really means?.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote