View Single Post
Old 14th August 2018, 18:22   #8
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi, Rob, as you say there is a huge variation in price asked, and without going to see other similar cars to see how they really compare, you won't know where it belongs, but by the sound of it, somewhere between £900 and £1,500. Then it's down to getting really good pics, as many as you can, preferably taken on a sunny day in a nice location (polished red always looks good against a green grass background), and close-ups of any minor blemishes - if it has any - just to show folks (Is that as bad as it gets?) If the wheels are clean and scrape free, show good pics of each one - it shows its been carefully driven, likewise the drivers seat bolster - a good indicator of how many journeys, stop/starts a car has done. Don't use tyre black, just make sure they are clean. Then give a detailed description of it's service/maintenance history, without being flowery. 'Ex-judge's car' is a better heritage than 'used by my sister for last few years' - sad, but true. You need 2 or more people to really want it. Don't forget to mention '131bhp bullet-proof BMW engine with timing chain. If I'd known that, I would never have bought my second Audi! Good luck!
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote