View Single Post
Old 26th March 2021, 22:03   #8
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

I'm ashamed to say that I fell for this in part. logged into my ebay very recently to notice a popup on the left side of the page. Looked like ebay had selected me randomly to win what seemed like a very expensive iphone. But the clock was ticking and you had to act quickly. Don't know why my radar failed me initially but I went for it and immediately in hindsight found myself giving personal info on a page which was not ebay. On that page the clock seemed to tick faster, as in only a few items left in stock and soon to be out of stock if you didn't act quickly. I was preoccupied with the ticking clock, even noticed what seemed to be feedback chat from a female who said that she didn't win one. I scrambled to submit my application, gave most of my personal info before something struck me as odd. Nearly one half of the screen was blanked by the usual demand for you to accept cookies, not just a little bit of the screen but nearly one half of it. Not that it is strictly relevant because in the main I do not accept cookies - I like to watch my weight.

Anyhow, this prompted me to scroll down beyond the cookie demand to see something to the effect of that in taking part in this iphone thingy you were consenting to £17.99 to be taken from your bank account every 2 weeks ad infinitum. I banged out at that stage not giving any bank details which they phished for by asking for a £1 delivery charge to send the phone. They do however now have one of my dispensable email addresses and, yes, they are hammering it with offers that I should not refuse to make money from my couch. Lol!
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote