View Single Post
Old 21st November 2020, 14:16   #26
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDick74 View Post
- - - the replacement hose I purchased doesn't have the protective sheath at the (pipe) end, and the old one had to be cut off. Nor does it have the coil strengthener, but that I can salvage. Have I bought the wrong hose (from Rimmers)? Again, any advice greatly appreciated!
If the hose from Rimmer didn't have the shield (it's an anti-kink device I believe) then it's of a different design from the 'genuine OEM' type they used to sell. That being said, very few if any aftermarket hoses have this extra bit so it clearly isn't necessary. The hub doesn't really swivel enough to cause any issues with hose kinking. The same principle goes for the spiral protection sleeve. It's a simple plastic spring, to mitigate against anything rubbing the hose, presumably the tyre. Whatever, you can easily transfer this if you want things to look like before.

When I renewed mine recently, I refitted the plastic spring but there's no way to remove and refit the hard rubber sleeve. It's machine fitted and can't be done by DIY.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote