View Single Post
Old 11th June 2022, 19:04   #8
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

This is my old car, original reg NG04UNN, actually a Contemporary SE, and it sustained what I'd say was substantial damage as a result of being struck by a driver pulling out of a junction in 2016.
I rebuilt the front end of the car (two new wings, bumper, slam panel, bonnet, n/s front and rear doors, new headlamp units, new windscreen, only other damage was to the front n/s chassis leg which had deformed at the crumple zone just rearward of where the crash bar bolts.
The only reason I disposed of the car is was that it broke down on the motorway with an odd fault which stopped the engine running, it eventually turned out to be the EGR valve had disintegrated and the head of the valve had disappeared into the inlet manifold.
The bloke I sold the car to, who is a work colleague, intended to use the car after getting it running, but found it too low to the ground and difficult to get in and out of.
He sold the car on to someone who claimed to be an enthusiast who intended to keep the car, less than three weeks later he'd re-registered it and was asking £1800 for it on facebook, but didn't mention the marker against it.
If anyone wants any info on the car - including pictures of the vehicle just after the accident, please get in touch,

Steve

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built

Last edited by stevenkeyte; 11th June 2022 at 19:07.. Reason: confirmed model
stevenkeyte is offline   Reply With Quote