View Single Post
Old 9th October 2017, 20:59   #2
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Thought I'd reply in public instead.

It's my old car, as per here - https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=255059 - new ad linked at the bottom from the new owner.

Mirrors are cheap - you can get a set of basic skullcaps like it has for less than £50. Quite easy to fit, just need the door cards removed.

Tyres could be needed on any car, but bear in mind that the correct 225/45/18 tyres aren't cheap - quality ones (my preference was Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's) are just over £100 a corner.

If the scrape on the bumper was the one that was there when I had it - it's not that bad at all (you can see it much better in the pics in my for sale thread). Especially not now it's a £650, 200k car!

I think it has the earlier "sports suspension" fitted (but you'd need to check!) - the dampers are OE only and £90 a corner. And when I had the top mounts changed in 2013 the springs were looking a bit corroded so you'd probably want to do those at the same time. Shock replacement has a book time of 2 hours - so £100 labour at an independant. But any 200k car is going to have worn out dampers - at least once they are replaced it'll drive like new.

Alternatively you could put budget tyres and the cheapest dampers available on eBay, depends how you like to maintain cars.

Do I think it's worth the asking price? Definitely, yes.
I'm assuming that your not put off by the mileage, but you won't find another with the service history and maintenance it's had. Nor are you like to find another with 170HP.

It's a hell of a lot of car for £650.
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote