View Single Post
Old 11th December 2018, 09:29   #37
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Thank you Ashley, your offer is very much appreciated, I may well call on you expertise at some point.

I think the only problem I'm experiencing with this new temporary upper denture is due to the thickness of the acrylic around the large canine area, once the gum and bone reabsorbs some more, I reckon all will be good with the next denture. Thankfully I have no problem with gagging, my palate area is quite deep and I can tolerate a full palate, I understand some people can suffer gagging problems.

I'm still in two minds whether to go back to the dentist and get them to alter this current denture (if they can) or simply wait for the maxfax team to extract my lowers and then opt for a new upper the same time as getting the lower made.

I have thought about the idea of titanium implants, but have come to the conclusion of not wanting anything drilled into my bone. I think after suffering many root canals over the years with endless problems, I just want rid now and not have any more dental work performed.

I cant believe how having no teeth effects your speech, since the upper extractions and not being able to wear the denture, I sound like a right wally. Then there's the soft food diet, how much mash potatoes and mashed veg can one eat?

I just hope when I get this next denture set made, the dentist and lab will do a good job.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote