View Single Post
Old 13th November 2021, 13:21   #23
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
Agreed.
However employers can ask for certain conditions to be met of their employees.
Other than those which have a medical condition which precludes it, I cannot understand why anyone would not want to be double jabbed. 90% of those being treated in ICUs have not been jabbed.
Are people refusing to be double jabbed OR are people refusing to be jabbed period.

I believe that individuals in what is laughingly called a democracy should have the right to make their own choice as to whether they wishe to be jabbed or not, for whatever reason whatsoever.

However, in an working environment, where these very same people are looking after vulnerable elderly residents/patients, it is reasonable to expect these individuals to NOT represent a danger to these residents/patients, having said that, the government should not have to legislate in order to pursuade people to do this that and the other, instead they should educate, otherwise we risk creating an even bigger crisis in our already broken social care system.

In the end the lawyers are going to win this argument, and many care workers will choose to leave the system, and work instead in a different sector, this is already happening in the nursing sector, we all will be worse off for it.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote