View Single Post
Old 13th November 2021, 16:12   #27
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Marina, who indeed worked through the pandemic, is adamant that they should be jabbed end of. She says if it saved one life it would be worth it. I suppose what she went through and the many people whom she held their hand as they slipped away from this virus has set her mind and I certainly would not tell her she is wrong.

Me, I have more of a problem with this. On one hand I can see the issue people could have. Such as a relatively short test period ( even though apparently the trials were run concurrent as opposed to consecutive). However, you could have all the clinical trials and tests you could wish for and still after that you could be the one person it affected in a terrible way. So that to me weakens that argument.

Then there is the human rights and the argument that this is introduced with no consultation. Well, remember seat belt wearing becoming mandatory? That was mid stream " it's my life" etc were mentioned time and time again but it happened regardless, don't comply, don't drive. One of the things pointed out then, as I suppose is applicable now, is the cost and strain on the NHS should you have then, injured yourself or now, contract the virus without the jab. After all the nature of the job would make you high risk of catching it being in super close contact with so many vulnerable people.

Then again what about those who worked through the pandemic that may have contracted the virus but have never shown any symptoms and have natural immunity, why should they lose their jobs?

As I say I can see both sides.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 13th November 2021 at 16:58..
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote