View Single Post
Old 13th November 2021, 17:35   #28
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikris View Post
People tend to forget that having vaccinations / inoculations are a condition of employment in some professions - and have been for many years. People in various professions sometimes need quite a few vaccinations / innoculations, depending on their jobs or where in the world they are working. It's a fact of life, nothing new. It's got nothing to do with choices or rights. If you want the job, you need to have the jabs unless exempt for medical reasons - in which case you may not be offered the job.

Take, for example, people working down sewers, not only do they need a long list of jabs, they also require certificates of immunisation. No certificates, no job. Yet you don't see people up in arms about that do you? Where are the sewage workers complaining about their 'rights' being taken away???

Children routinely get given jabs. The UK has lost it's measles free status because of idiotic parents refusing to have their children jabbed. Arguably, refusing the jab could be considered child abuse.

The UK has had an immunisation policy for decades.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collec...s-and-vaccines

Sadly, many people idiotically believe the rubbish spouted on social media and thereby putting themselves or their children at risk.

The fact remains that to work in health care, one needs to have Jabs, it's a condition of employment. You never heard people complaining about that pre covid did you!

People have a choice. Get the required jabs or face the consequences. If people wish to loose their jobs over it, that's their choice and they only have themselves to blame.

I'm fed up with people shouting about their 'rights'. Such people tend to forget - or conveniently ignore - that with rights come responsibilities. Responsibility not just to oneself but one's family and wider society. Your rights do not trump everyone else's. Your rights are not more important than other people's.

Just like people complaining about having to wear masks in shops etc. The masks are not worn to protect oneself, but to protect others. One has to ask what sort of person would refuse to protect other people, and should such a person even be allowed to be part of society.

They shout about their right not to wear a mask, but selfishly ignore that others have a right not to have germs blown in their faces.

How many complaining about their 'rights' have ever bothered to read the Human Rights Act? For a start there is no such thing as "Freedom of Choice" I honestly don't know where you got that notion from.

The arguments about Jabs comes under Article 10 https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/...dom-expression

However, if you bother to read section 10 you'll see it says:

Now tell me that your human rights are being infringed . . . as I say, with rights come responsibilities. Please remember that next time someone complains that their human rights are being walked all over, or talking about some mythical "freedom of choice".

Ali.

I suspect people believe that in the case of Covid-19, there is a conspiracy element to the vaccination requirements, the speed with which the vaccines were produced has many people questioning long term safety, in the absence of governmental reassurance as to the processes involved in bringing a drug to the market safely.
Some people are suspicious in any case.

The fact that the government was in disarray at the start of the pandemic, the lack of direction, the listening to the science, but not listening has a lot of people worried.

Last edited by grivas; 13th November 2021 at 17:36.. Reason: editing
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote