View Single Post
Old 10th June 2021, 04:48   #6
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Wink

Hi again. I did promise an update yesterday, but after having my second jab on Tuesday I ended up going straight to bed yesterday right after work feeling rough, and didn't take the car over to the neighbours garage for some investigations on the aircon issue. Still feeling under the weather with a splitting headache and aching limbs, but sure a few paracetamol will get me through the day today.
As you say it is a strange one. The system was pressure test and i can definitely still hear the compressor kicking in and the rad fan seems to be all working as it should. When the compressor kicks in, it does sound (to me) like the belt driving it is either under a great strain and sounds like it's over tensioned. The last time i had this issue it was down to the aircon system being over filled. There's obviously a lot more involved to all the workings of the aircon system and my limited knowledge maybe barking up the wrong tree. All being well the garage will have time this afternoon to take a look and give me an answer. Coming home yesterday it was like an oven in the car, and feeling the affects of the second Covid jab, i was sweating like a pig, so hopefully it will be a simple straightforward fix of (famous last words) of a simple re gas of the correct amount :=))