Thread: The Eurosausage
View Single Post
Old 11th June 2021, 15:31   #54
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Just back from my personal Anglo/Irish interfamilial parley. Hope this escapes censure, it's meant as positive contribution:

This is all about the attempts at face-saving by political pygmies in Brussels. Given all the current, and growing, antipathy towards the council and its committees there is a growing unrest among many members which is ominous for their collective, in the wider sense, future.

The UK secession from the EU and subsequent pre-Covid-19 growth of UK, together with proof that the predicted suicidal cliff edge was in fact a glorious new dawn, has presented new hope for others in the EU group.

The EU see N.I. as an opportunity to flex muscle in the hopelessly impotent struggle to assert a false seniority, which of course is what the EU secession was all about in the first place. The funny side of all this is the sudden dearth of comment from previously strident ‘No’ commentators!

On the other point made earlier about immigrants not being France’s problem, well I’m afraid they very much are. Or, at least, ought to be. The French know full well that those terrified people travelling through France to the channel should have been, under EU law, refused entry into whatever was their second EU border.

The first port of call should not have given passage through to the next country on the list. And so on and so on. The French have condoned the illegal actions of the EU countries in between and actually helped immigrants to travel.

The humanity of the UK border force to save so many of these terrified people shows just how charitable we are. What an example to every country on the way from Sicily and Greece.

The EU should get over themselves and concentrate on legitimate matters of governance of their failing Commun, er, istic unity.