Thread: Wishbone Help
View Single Post
Old 12th June 2021, 21:56   #68
Tourist
Loves to post

2004 Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
TODAY--is the tomorrow you mentioned in one of your posts that you were going to tackle those same two bolts on your car.--How did you get on ???-----This----- or this-----
Hi Billy and Colvert,

Sorry to hear you're having problems Billy - I had to take two days to complete the passenger side on my car, but ironically the bolts that are giving you trouble were OK on my car. I used the two spanner and huge allen key technique, with an additional length of cycle tubing on the outer spanner which shifted the front bolt. The same ring spanner, angled down, working from under the car, again with the additional cycle tubing budged the rear bolt.

I must agree that the 18 mm ring spanner is a very loose fit on those bolt heads, enough to make you wonder if it really is a metric 18 mm head. Anyway, spanner didn't slip and the bolts remained intact. I tried a 17 mm and it didn't fit, I don't think the imperial equivalent ring spanner did either but you could try that.

Billy - if you've not tried the ring spanner technique, I can recommend it!

Getting it back together was the thing that caused us the issues - but I overcame them today and it's done now. I've written it up on the thread I started about it: https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=313128

Give me a shout if I can help you as it's all fresh in my mind - getting the bush housing lined up with the subframe is the key to reassembly. Also - you have my sympathy Billy: I've got a 18 month old here and also my two nephews (7 and 9 y.o) trying to help! Doesn't make it any easier
Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote