Old 12th August 2021, 16:24   #27
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default But.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annfield-East View Post
There are plenty of club members who think it should be saved, but by someone else.

When I first saw advertised the one that I saved, I though the same. Then, a couple of days later I thought, why someone else? So I set about saving it. A few hours later it was mine, and now, after a hell of a lot of work and $$$$'s, it wants for nothing.

This time last year I didn't even have a car. never mind a 75. I now have two, and just love them to bits, even though I only have on street parking, but hope that will change in the near future.

Anyway, I've had enough of the leave it to someone else brigade of this club. I accept that some members have done their bit. But to think that this beautiful car may end up being stripped for spares or banger raced is heartbreaking.

A week ago, on another thread, I said that I would wave bye bye to this club if Grahams car remained unsold a week later. That time has now passed and, as well as this being my last post, I no longer regard myself as a member of this club.

Goodbye.
The club is for people that support the cars and most likely already have at least one, it's not up to any members to save any car that needs saving as they are simply just members of a motor club. The club has a section for selling cars but not all get sold, it's a good place to place an offer of a car but it's not expected that it has to find a home with a member, it'll be far better to find a home with someone who admires the cars and fancies a bit of a project. The car is around 23 years old now and is a true classic and that will possibly bring a new owner/member to the club, that's what it's about in reality.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote