View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2021, 15:19   #5
Azur
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon. 2,5 V6 Conn.SE auto, Moonstone green, White gold, Dorchester red

Thank you for your response. Ok, I will test the fan issue, indeed the aircon system is on auto, so that should be it. I will do the demist test.

The hydraulic hose from the power steering is oily, but the fluid level in the reservoir is ok and stable, every time I have checked this it is ok. So it could be a fatigued hose or screw connection. I want it repaired, so not sure if it is wise to do it myself or to go tot a garage for it?

Coollant:
I did check the thermostat, it is dry and there are no signs of leakage in that area. I needed to top up appr. 50-100 ml. now 3 x the last 3 weeks, only driving 2 times 15 km. Every time I park the car somewhere, there is a spot on the floor from dripped coolant. (No white smoke from the exhaust btw). I assume it must be a leakage. I have placed some extra images.

I have also noticed an oily underside of the motor. Is this the crankcase and is this a problem that needs to be fixed (sooner/later)? What to do?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Cheers,

Emiel
Azur is offline   Reply With Quote