View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2016, 19:46   #5553
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Today I managed to tackle a daft little job that I'd been putting off for a little while. Partially because I wanted to source the parts, partly because it was the passenger side and it didn't affect me directly

The passenger seatbelt height adjustment wasn't working, and the belt was very slow to retract. I knew the trim piece was damaged behind, but I wasn't sure what the problem was. I sourced a replacement clip to fix the wire to seat frame again thinking it was just down to that but still no go.

Thanks to championdaddy I got the trim bits delivered today so decided to take a look. I also had sourced a replacement adjustment mechanism should I need (not that I fancied removing seats etc to fit it). Worth noting the BMW part was half the price of the Rover ones on e-Bay.

So I undid the bolt and released the seatbelt, took the trim off and had a proper look - the wire at the top of the mechanism had jumped the guide, so I freed that off but still no difference, was a little puzzled as I couldn't really see anything else wrong until I realised the plastic cover for the wire wasn't clipped in where it needed to be. Pushed it into place and all sorted - add in a quick spray of furniture polish on the belt and reel and normal service was resumed.

Bugged me for a while, now working correctly and I even swapped the trim on the drivers side as it was worn, love doing little jobs like this where I can just potter about.

Next time - got to tackle a couple of misbehaving reversing sensors
ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote