Thread: CDT Remap.
View Single Post
Old 22nd December 2021, 21:34   #22
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiewelch View Post
Go on, please explain how mapping works. You do realise the rover torque peaks at 221lbft? Numbers are always peak numbers. A remap can shift where the peak torque is. Is peak torque at higher than 1900rpm more in the typical rev range that you drive not more useful? You obviously don’t understand how adjusting the maps work, or how map figures are quotes. 131ps, not BHP btw.

I do understand how mapping works. I agree that 131 is PS not bhp, my mistake in quoting. But where do you get doubling of torque as stated above?

Also, I do understand that the standard M47 engine's torque is a peak of 221lbft. But it peaks at 1900RPM. If you push the peak torque point up in the rev range, the power increases but the torque does not. With a diesel, you drive below 2200RPM most of the time and this is the rev range where torque is most useful in a diesel engine.

I am challenging that claiming a high peak power output is necessarily a good thing in a diesel engine if this is achieved by pushing the peak torque higher up the rev range. It is the torque curve up to around 2200RPM that is really useful in a diesel engined car which is why I assume people who have had the 160 remap find the driveability to be so much improved. As long as this is achieved, the actual vale of peak power is rather irrelevant.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote