Thread: SRS Light
View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2020, 19:01   #7
t5tart
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT cdti

having just sorted out my SRS I can tell you yes polarity matters .. even though technically it doesnt I had the pretensioner code high resistence (after changing the ecu what a job)

the pre tensioner is the blue plug the airbag the yellow plug I did them with bullet connectors so I can a) remove the seat b) switch the polarity easily

the sensor is under the carpet (green or orange type) on the rail just forward of the rear seat mounts for the green type on the inner cill for the orange type

looking at your codes you need to do away with both under seat plugs asnd get another side impact sensor to test it

it only took me 2 days of head scratching and the interioor out to fix mine

to save confusion on the pre tensioner and the side airbag I put the female connectors one side and males the other and vise versa on the other plug that way they cannot be crossed over (if you plug the pretensioner into the airbag wiring and you get a fault it will point you to the wrong component )

so airbag side both femle on the car side both male on the airbag .. so polarity can be switched .. and the opposite on the pretensioner

dont forget to clear your codes when you make any changes to check .. I made that mistake thinking they would auto clear and re did wiring twice

check your sunroof drains and plenum drains http://www.buddy-icons.info/img/smile/1609.gif

t5tart is offline   Reply With Quote