View Single Post
Old 13th October 2011, 23:27   #25
davidhughes
Regular poster

MG ZT

Late cars dont have the brown green on the pin, You can take the feed from the boot. Personally for the extra wiring I would not use wireless but go wired its easy to run the video cable from the boot to the unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Edd View Post
Don't worry we all have problems trying to figure this out...

There are two power supplies with different types of connectors so use the appropriate one. I taped the spare one up to make sure it didn't short out on anything. You don't need to connect it to anything else. It's a generic unit so the power supply depends on which car it is plugged into either one does the same thing just insulate the one you don't use.

The pink cable has to be connected to the brown/green one. Mine was in this connector

which I cut and then connected to the pink cable.

This activates the unit when reverse is selected. Even works when the head unit is turned off. Very clever in my books. I extended mine by using a bit of old household cable from an old appliance. It gave me a bit more room to pull the unit out so I could work on it.

I have since been back in and replaced all the large chocolate-box connectors with smaller ones I got from B&Q. Looks a lot neater now.

Nope not a pain; everyone struggles with understanding something at some time. I still haven't got the DVB-T box working and I still have a whistling on Am Radio and fuzziness on FM. Problems with aerial signals. Hopefully one day at a meet someone can fix it for me.

The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.

Edd
davidhughes is offline   Reply With Quote