View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2019, 15:21   #6
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

as above you can't simply swap instrument clusters as they are coded to the car. Although the replacement instrument cluster would work, the correct mileage won't show and you'll also get an ERR message on the bottom screen due to a vin mismatch. If you want to swap the instrument cluster you have to swap the eeprom chip over from the old instrument cluster to the new one, or have the replacement cluster virginised and then programmed to your car with a t4.

In regards to picking up a replacement cluster from a scrappy, chances are the replacement cluster will have lines on it, but you can get lucky and find one now and again with a good screen.

Replacement brand new LCD screens aren't available anymore unfortunately, I've tried many suppliers and can't get hold of a single one. I do still offer the deline repair service though. This generally works best if you have up to around 10 individual lines, the more lines you have the more likely it is that some time may reappear some time after the repair or worst case it may not be fully repairable if it is very heavily lined. Success rate is around every 6/7 in 10 I do.

I do have some instrument clusters on the shelf with good screens if in the worst case yours wasn't fully repairable and would require a replacement cluster.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote