View Single Post
Old 29th May 2022, 11:21   #11
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
Hi, ive just read on BBC website that to mark the Queens Platinum Jubilee, theres going to be some announcement about reverting back to Imperial units. I hope this will only be a symbolic gesture and not a real full reversal of our partial metrication. As an ex maths teacher i know how much a full reversal will affect the national curriculum. It would have to be re written for mathematics and im sure kids would find it so much harder to deal with. Ive heard of muttering about this before, i suppose it fits into the idea of taking back control after Brexit.
Do not discount the positives - with Imperial we will be able to trade seamlessly, with an oven-ready system of measurement, with Burma and Myanmar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post
It's a review:

The BBC understands there is not expected to be any move away from metric units.

Nothing to see here, move along.
In my book, that translates to a complete waste of financial and human resources on a pointless review other than to win a few more votes from a certain demographic. The funds could be more usefully used to add to the £300m/day extra for the NHS.

I suspect whoever came up with the idea probably uses the Imperial system.