View Single Post
Old 4th September 2017, 18:12   #1
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Default Suspension problem now.

So...just had the engine done, piston rings shimmed and everything sorted nicely. Have to change the oil and coolant now I've done a couple of hundred miles and hopefully blasted all the crud out of the engine from the old oil.
BUT, I've noticed, when I go over a small hole, such as a slightly dropped man hole cover in the road on the left hand side, at anything over 25mph, there is a definite KER-BLAMO as though I've driven into a wall.

This, to me, means there's something not right with the suspension. What it is, I do not know. I have looked and there appears to be struts and things and springs on the front wheels and there endeth my diagnostics ability. I called my mechanic mate who would have a look for me, but he's off on holiday for a couple of weeks!

I have no intention of tackling this problem myself as I'd be left with a bunch of parts in the drive and no wheels, or suspension on the car. What I need to know is what is the main problem, as in what's the most likely candidate for being broken? It's both front and rear, and when "bouncing" the car in the drive, there is an odd click.

I'm presuming something major will have to be replaced, and I was thinking therefore to upgrade or uprate the suspension parts. I've read on here that the diesel suspension is much better than the 1.8T suspension as it is rated for heavier car but fits perfectly. Is this true?

Is there anything I can get for the mechanic to fit that will easily replace what is on there but is a lot better, or a lot stronger, or longer lasting?

I was going to get a Sean the radio guy head unit fitted, but now that will have to wait till this is sorted!

Oh, and it is again doing that cut out engine thing when flooring the accellerator at about 4,000 rpm. Accellerate, BAM, accellerate. It's disconcerting. Once the suspension is done. I'm going to contact one of the T4 guys on here and get it remapped, which should hopefully cure some of that as long as the issue isn't mechanical.

Regretting buying this car. Should have waited till I found the trophy blue MG ZT that I really wanted.
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote