View Single Post
Old 24th June 2018, 00:58   #10
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

We honeymooned there! Wasn't too many years after the Iron Curtain had fallen and the process of "westernisation" hadn't fully taken hold. I really loved it - having previously spent a fair bit of time in various parts of France, post-reunification Germany, Benelux etc, there was a noticeably different feel to the place in comparison to all those (even those bits of the former East Germany I'd visited). Can't say whether that would still be the case today - it wasn't quite such a hotspot for tourism as it has since become. There were plenty of quirky/individual things which could only have emerged from Prague, and eating out etc was always a pleasure.

I would echo what others have said about using the tram/subway system, and I would recommend staying in a small independent guesthouse rather than a big-name hotel - we tried both, and the former was vastly preferable. There'll be loads of places 10-15 minutes out from the city centre by tram. Rowing on the Vltava is a very pleasant way to work up your appetite for lunch, just don't get too close to the weir!
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote