View Single Post
Old 6th April 2019, 19:09   #1
east-cowes

Rover 75 Tourer

Default 2006 CDTI Tourer Automatic - Poor health reluctant sale ***Withdrawn from Sale***

118,915 miles.

Car has covered less than 3000 miles since it was last tested due to ill health. The last MOT was on 22.02.2018, it expired on 21.02.2019

I have extensive history with the car but unfortunately the gentleman who owns it is now unable to drive so I've been asked to find a new owner for it.

The car is taxed until the first of May but will be sorned at that point if not sold.

It's an automatic diesel that isn't concours but isn't a dog either. There's a scuff to the front left bumper that I believe will polish out and there's a few car park dings and dents here and there but nothing a little love and care wouldn't sort out. The gentleman who owned it had planned on getting it detailed and driving it to Longbridge but sadly that's not an option for him now.

The car drives perfectly. The plenums are bone dry. it has working powerfold mirrors and working leather heated seats and a generic dog guard.

One key, usual problem with the remote plastic button wearing out but you can get replacement shells from ebay or the traders on here for a few quid.

Asking price is firm at £500 - I have no reason to believe the car wont pass an MOT, the history shows all the usual work and servicing has been done. I dont see any signs of rot in the sills or the suspension arms (or anywhere).

I started the car and drove it to my house today to park it up until sold. It hadn't been started or driven for six weeks yet ran perfectly. Original stereo, all electrics work as they should.

Here's a link to the only photo I have of it at the minute

http://i65.tinypic.com/289k683.jpg

The car is on the Isle Of Wight. Taking it back to Southampton on the ferry will cost about £30. It's a one hour ferry ride from Southampton to East Cowes.

The registration number is WA06 CYP if you want to look up the MOT history - nothing scary in it.

The VIN number is SARRJSTHK5D351798 if you want to look up the build data.

This is the most desirable combination of engine and automatic gearbox. The car hasn't been insured since the MOT expired as the owner was in hospital at the time and now cannot drive. If it had insurance I would be tempted to throw it in for an MOT because I genuinely don't envisage any problems except perhaps the headlights need a clean.

Message me for a phone number if you're genuinely interested but please don't expect me to sell it for much below the asking price as its priced to sell not to haggle.

Last edited by east-cowes; 20th April 2019 at 21:14.. Reason: Update price