Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
Morning all.

Excuse the rant......

Father in Law is very poorly having had surgery for stomach & oesophageal cancer and been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He's 81 and weights less than 5 stones.

Had a call last night from Mother in Law - he's collapsed while she was helping him up the stairs to bed and she can't lift him - no surprise there as she's 81 and frail herself. Essentially he's gone downhill and lost the use of his legs in the last couple of days.

Tried to get a home visit from a GP this morning. Apart from the usual wait to actually get through, he can't have one because....... He's not registered on their system as housebound . Oh, and, of course, there's the Covid issue as well. Someone will phone him this morning..... Time will tell.

This is a guy who worked and paid his dues for nigh on 50 years.

Sometimes I despair.

Rant over.

Look after yourselves and your loved ones.
Given your FIL is housebound and has a nursing need, the district nurses accept referrals from relatives. Find out the number for the district nurses messaging services in his location NHS trust area. The district nurses can refer for palliative care such as a Marie Curie/McMillan nurses for home care. Please give the district nurses a call and ask for a home visit.

The fact your FIL paid in for 50 years is very impressive. I am not surprised he is poorly after having major surgery for cancer at his age, so bless his heart and all of you.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 23rd December 2021 at 11:30.. Reason: spelling
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote