View Single Post
Old 26th March 2020, 17:59   #8
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
It does seem steep, but your profile states you have a V8, whilst the fronts can be had for £75 each new (as genuine as you can get), the rears are somewhat more difficult I believe, and expensive.

I have read that they were the same as a Lotus model (Elise?), but not sure on this, however if that were indeed true, decent used sets of these are around £300 a pair. So £500 new?

Garages charging a mark up on their supplied parts, their labour, plus the 'we dont want the job, as there will probably be a head gasket issue too' tax, £1400 sounds about right lol.

The two sixties forum I am sure would be able to direct you more accurately.
Thanks Colvert. Very useful information for me going forwards.
I still have the V8 which is fine fettle ( oops...done it now ) but haven't got around to adding the ZT-T 190 SE I acquired from Rick. I can see the huge amount of TLC he's put in, but with the mileage at nearly 140k I was fully expecting to have to do more. I really like the car and plan to keep her for the long term to keep the V8 company in the drive.
The garage knew it was a V6 ZT-T and the price was just to buy in four calipers, so with fitting it would have been £2k or more.
I just took off the rear wheels and sure enough the driver side wheel isn't running free, and I couldn't turn it by hand. Not helping the fuel consumption for sure. The passenger rear turns normally, but although there is much less pad wear, the wear is uneven.
Going to steal MG John's tip for g clamping the flex brake hose union and remove the driver side rear caliper and have a proper look this time. Kicking myself for ignoring the little voice in my head as I was putting in the new pads two weeks ago.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote