View Single Post
Old 18th October 2020, 10:26   #507
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool There are times when........................

..................................... when I shouldn’t be allowed out on my own.
Last Wednesday was a glorious day, beautiful blue sky and warm sunshine. Ideal for getting the washing down. Beds stripped, clean towels and whatever was is in the linen basket. Learnt the hard way about not separating the the coloureds along with the white bits.

Once the whirly gig machine had finished I hung out the washing. This is where it starts to go downhill, fast. I learnt last year how to get the conditioner drawer came out of the whirly gig machine. Just slide the drawer forward about an inch and you can get the centre section out, but not this time. This time I pulled the whole drawer out. Mmmm!!!!!!!! Oh! Well! It needs a good clean as there was a build up of fabric conditioner. Once cleaned I set about putting it back.

An hour later I could be found sitting on the floor armed with a pair of pliers still trying to get the drawer back in. I could get the drawer in but the little door wouldn’t shut. Then I had a lightbulb thought. The drawer doesn’t go in the opening, it fixes to the door. So with it clipped back onto the door it works fine.
It doesn’t get any better.

I had got out of the fridge a nice pork chop for dinner and I like a sprinkling of garlic salt on. So I get the garlic salt and it wouldn’t sprinkle. Gave it a shake. Ok take the top off and give it a poke, except I turned the jar upside down and gave it a tap on the chopping board. And now I have the smell of garlic in the kitchen. Now it wouldn’t have been so bad if the salt had just landed on the board but I had tapped the jar against the side of the board. And I have laminate flooring.
Got the handheld vacuum cleaner and managed to get most of it cleaned, except for the garlic that went down the gaps.
It gets worse.

On Tuesday last I took the Bear into the garage to have the brakes sorted out, again. This time the flexible pipe on the n/s/f had collapsed causing the piston in the Caliper the lock onto the disc. Now driving the car to the garage without touching the brake pedal can be a bind, pardon the pun. Allen followed me up to give me a lift back and he said that he thought I had brake light failure as they never came on till we got to the garage. I was slowing down in plenty of time by using the gearbox to slow me down.

The garage is at Truelfoot which is about 6 miles from home, just off of the A38. It sits back up a very narrow lane and is called Polyne Garage. (Remember that name). Allen then dropped me off home and I said as soon as I know the car is ready I would give him a bell and he would take me back to collect. That was on Tuesday.

So on Thursday I thought I would give the garage a bell. A woman answered, strange I thought I don’t remember any women at the garage.
“Hi, just phoning up about my MG V8 to see how things are going”
She replied, “We haven’t got got your car”.
“Yes you have, I dropped it off on Tuesday”.
She replied, “Not here you didn’t”.

Then another lightbulb exploded in my brain. I was phoning Moorlands Garage and not Polyne. I apologised and went for a lay down in a darkened room.

We collected the car on Friday.

Thought I would give you all a laugh in these troubled times.

Keep safe and I’ll catch up with you all next year.

233,509. Thats our 3rd meet done. Might go again next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 18th October 2020 at 10:31.. Reason: Spellin’
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote