View Single Post
Old 21st November 2019, 09:16   #11
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I have not said it so I had better do so, I think the biker was wrong.
From the first picture it shows both cars are already on the roundabout and my thinking the give way to traffic from the right only applies to traffic already on the roundabout and the bike was not on the roundabout when either car entered it.
rule 185 seems to make me wrong
I do think the biker considers the mini to be in the wrong.

The Ka seemed to go straight on, just as well cos if he had turned right, that biker could have gone flying.

The dotted give way, as the Ka went straight on I don't think they have any bearing on ka/bike interaction. As for the mini, as I say above mini was on roundabout before bike so bike should give way but rule 185 indicates me to be wrong.

macafee2
That clears it up, as I was reading a defence of the biker. Rule 185 is clear. But it used to be clearer from.my memory. Give way to the right and to those already on the roundabout.

None of the drivers or riders gave way at the road markings, so all were wrong really. The ka and bini reached the lines at almost the same time, so if they kept moving, it would have been ok. The biker racing into the roundabout I think caused the concertina, by either impeding the ka from turning right or startling them, as.the slowed immediately on the roundabout.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote