View Single Post
Old 21st November 2019, 23:54   #13
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
go to 6.19 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a18onMUQyVc&t=318s and listen to the commentary, what are your thoughts?

macafee2
Well to me it seems obvious. Priority (my bad though, I use the term right of way) to the right, whilst watching the left and giving priority to those already on the roundabout. That is all well and good on paper, and 'the entitled generation' concentrate on theory (or their memory of theory!), without practical experience . Not even attempting to brake because they had 'right of way'. - then you have the BMW drivers

The actual video though, I felt he was a little too quick to enter the roundabout, as he didnt make an allowance for the car from the left being an idiot and not driving around the roundabout. This made the cam car come a little too close to the car from the left, and appear to be intimidating, even though the cam car did nothing wrong.

I have two simple thoughts when driving (a bit of good sense in its implementation of course, as every situation is different of course). I drive intending not to impede or hinder with consideration for others on the road, and if you make me brake with your manoeuvre, you have done wrong to me.

One thing I have noticed since I got my cameras, I adhere and pay more attention to speed limits as well as other road users.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote