View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2020, 10:44   #6
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Another year on and now going into my 11th year of ownership I thought it time to freshen things up a little wheel wise having had the straights fitted for the past ten years.While browsing the forum very late one night a few months ago, a nice set of 5 - 11 spokes had just become available, and luckily I managed to secure them.

I'm pleased with the new look,here are a few pic's

I never particularly liked the white dash illumination on facelift models much preferring the amber lighting found on MK 1's.So I made the long journey up to Newcastle to spend a pleasant afternoon with marinabrian while he soldered in some new amber led's.Thanks Bri and if you happen to see this I hope you are well, your input and help is missed

Nice new warm look.

I'm really pleased with the Xtrons unit,I've had it for 2 years now and so far it has proved to be completely reliable.It has built in dab+ radio and the sound quality is very good indeed.I also have a boot subwoofer to enhance things a little.Originally I fitted the supplied dab screen aeriel which worked fine with strong stations and when about town but reception was found slightly wanting at night,in rural locations and when using other functions such as sat nav.The dab reception was far from consistantly good so I decided the only permanant solution was to have an amplified dab+ / FM sharkfin aeriel fitted.This is not a job for the faint hearted but I'm pleased to say member jubarelly took it on for me and made a great job.Thanks Julian The improvement over the glass aeriel is huge,dab reception is now stable all of the time under all conditions and the scan found 18 more dab stations than when using the glass aeriel.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote