View Single Post
Old 1st November 2019, 18:08   #5
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

This is making a lot of sense to me.
The EV technology is just not up to the job of transportation of any kind let alone the huge investment in charging points in streets where you can’t park your car even 50 metres from you house. A friend has just bought a Hyundai hybrid which makes some sense with a 1.6 litre petrol and EV technology combined.
I think back to my Scimitar 3 litre GTE. Fuel spark and compression and it would run all day long. No electronic sensors of gimmicks. Motoring in its simplest form. Add to the fact it ran cleaner than a lot of cars put through the emissions test, the MOT garages loved its ease of testing. Very little to go wrong. All I added was electronic ignition to replace contact points. Improved it overnight with better reliability and smoother running as timing was always spot on.
Have we now seen the best of what a motor car should be? Have we not gone into a period of over complicated and unnecessary gimmicks. The wheel has been the same shape since it was first made. Are we really improving the motor car ability and future viability? I don’t think so.