View Single Post
Old 31st January 2019, 08:51   #9
EastPete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Well Paul, here is the delightful message I received from Andy Willi

The man is an incompetent, end of story, I have personally repaired six of his bodged "repairs"

You deleted the pictorial evidence of his incompetence, and like so many times before the "club" chose to look the other way while this complete knacker wrecked car after car, nothing to do with the fact that traders fees were involved.

Personally I don't care if you ban me Paul, I've had it up to the back teeth.

So you can stick that in your pipe and smoke it

Brian
It's all kicking off on here isn't it !

Whilst I may not agree with the very direct approach Brian takes to this issue, I support his comments/sentiments - my car has never been the same since Andy was let loose on it, and I suffered financial loss putting things right after his work. My complaints to Reebs (Paul) about this trader were rebuffed, and the club continued to allow this rogue trader to operate.

I am getting a bit disillusioned with the 75 and, sadly, the owners club. My experiences with Andy's clutch work and the general poor quality of replacement parts that are available for he 75/ZT are making me think of selling the car later this year to make way for a new classic car project (possibly an MGA). I am slowly getting my MGB GT fully sorted with new sills, suspension/brake rebuild and a few safety upgrades (LED lights, headrests etc.), so that might be my daily hack in place of the 75 (also no road tax for the MGB, and cheap classic car insurance).

Cheers

Pete
EastPete is offline   Reply With Quote