View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2016, 12:07   #28
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveluck View Post
No tracking details yet, just an estimated delivery...

No to the extra insurance as well. I was going to buy the insurance but got trigger happy. Having said that, in the blurb it said it had warehouses in "Europe" so hopefully all will be OK.

If I remember correctly the actual import tax is only about 5-6%. The killer is the fee charged by the courier for collecting it. If I get a chance I'll try and dig out the article, think it was in the independent about 6 months ago. There was much consternation about the disparity between actual tax and the fee charged

Edit!! Sorry its a shipping date not a delivery date!!
I would appear the advertised shipping time regarding said product is Free Express Expedited 3-4 business days as detailed on the listing page. Shipped via DHL, UPS, FedEx, or TNT, has an estimated 5 - 7 week day time-frame.

I think the product is being shipped from China warehouse location, otherwise it would indicate the North America or Europe warehouse option on the product page, sometimes you have a drop-down menu bar to select either warehouse location.

Regarding fees and charges, I think a charge of £11.00 or 2.5% of the total Duty and/or VAT incurred, whichever is the greater can be charged. Goods below £15 and above £34 is a grey area.

20% VAT may get charged on this car double din which would cost just £5.00, there should be no duty charge though. I've had many products arrive by RM before with no VAT or Duty charge.

For those who paid the Duty and Tax insurance during the checkout process will be fully reimburse any additional tax or duty fees that may have been incurred. You just need to login to your Lightinthebox.com account and go through the motions to claim it back.

Last edited by Dallas; 23rd October 2016 at 12:09..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote