View Single Post
Old 20th December 2018, 19:04   #11
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

When I see traffic rushing up the outside lane, and preventing traffic from merging from the inside lane because they leave no gaps, I sit on the white line blocking both lanes from overtaking me, so both lanes are slowed to the same speed, and so are able to merge equally. After all, the important thing is to keep all traffic moving safely at the same speed. It's the speed difference between the outside lane traffic and the blocked lane 1 traffic that causes the problem. With your roundabout problem, buy a Landrover with big girder bumper, and just edge out slowly onto the roundabout, anyone coming right round the roundabout is going to stop and let you go first. The more battered the Landrover (other4x4s are available), the more effective it is. My brother used to have an old battered Series Landy in London, at the same time as an Elan S2. He got around far quicker in the Landy! I get fed up with drivers who wait for a big gap at roundabouts, I'll jump into a big enough gap, and make drivers on the island er... adjust their speed to accomodate me. Who suffers more frustration, - 10 drivers waiting 6 seconds, or 1 driver waiting a minute? Answer- the latter, as frustration grows exponentially with time.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote