View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2018, 21:20   #1
P-Nut
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

Default A challenge of faith

Today I've been mostly considering my future relationship with my ZT.

I've kept hold of the car to potentially learn to spanner on it but there's a few problems...

Time, I don't have an abundance of time free and the time I do have free is usually when it's dark which leads me to...

Facilities, or lack thereof. I live on a terraced street, it's outside, it's cold, it's dark and it's not even level, also I can't just leave it in bits for the next time I have free to come back to it.

Parts, more and more recently I've been hearing about bit's not available or poor quality, I mean a windscreen is a fairly simple bit that should be available but it's not, and it's not getting better.

Cost, these cars cost a lot to keep going in comparison to other cars I could think of, in fact I was recently recounting my car history, 32 and counting and none of them cost as much as this one to run. In addition I've recently had a very unexpected 4 figure bill which hasn't finished yet.

At one point you have to ask yourself, does this car bring me enough joy to spend thousands on? Thousands that might be better off spent on other things.

When you hear tales of very intelligent and skillful members having problems with their cars I just think 'if they're having issues what chance do I stand?'