View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2022, 09:15   #95
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
I was having an interesting conversation with my neighbour yesterday, he used to be in new car sales and one of the other neighbours daughters has an electric car. He said '' I wonder what the hole life cost is compared to a proper car " (his words).
We know they have a higher purchase price and potentially a shorter life before they will need big expenditure ( new battery). On the positive side, they are free to tax and electricity is cheaper as long as you can recharge at home or have a deal. I have no idea what they cost to insure if you do the national average mileage or the cost of the annual service? Also what is a the depreciation like? I know I have seen Teslas advertised for what appears to be a bargain price.

the free road tax is wrong they travel the roads just like very other vehicle but then it s no longer a road fund licences. IT cannot go on for life as eventually the amount of ICE cars will be minimal and the vast majority electric, money will need to be raised somehow and so I am sure they will be having to pay tax at some point in the future.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote