View Single Post
Old 19th June 2016, 05:36   #2
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhigh102 View Post
In October 2015 in got myself a 2003 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE Automatic Diesel with 90K on the clock with 9 months MOT. paid £1700, car looked in very good condition and the guy told me he had just spent a lot of money getting a new alternator and battery, too cut a long story short the car drove like a dream until January 2016 when the car failed to start, turned out to be the battery, so put a new battery on the car, few weeks later had to get 4 new tyres, then soon after that a new crank shaft pulley had to be fitted, so in 3 months it has cost me over £800 in repairs, now today (18 June 2016) I took the car to the garage where my son-in-law is an MOT inspector, he looked it over as the MOT is due in July, he told me there is a little play on the O/S/F track rod, but will be OK for an MOT, however, it also needs all the discs replaced, both front to rear brake pipes or badly corroded, the self levelling headlight on one side is not working, it lights up, but thinks it could be the levelling sensor, both rear coil springs are broke and 2 of the alloy wheels are badly damaged on the inside.
So it looks like I have been well and truly ripped off with this car.
I don't know if I should count my losses and get another, or repair all the faults on this car, problem I have is that my next car may also need work doing that I don't know about.
The car now stands me at £2500, and I guess it's going take a shed load of money to put it right for the MOT.
So if anyone can give me some advice as to what you think I should do, I would be so greatful.

Thanks.
Get in contact with Marinabrian or 2diesels on here, they are both traders in your area and will be able to have a look at the car for you. Both of these gents are great fonts of knowledge when it comes to these cars and neither of them will rip you off.

If it was my car I'd just fix it as then you know for certain all the expensive jobs have been done so hopefully it should give many more years of trouble free motoring.