View Single Post
Old 5th August 2019, 10:17   #12
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Emmens View Post
I have added more petrol and still the car refuses to start. I am crippled with arthritis and find it almost impossible to work on the vehicle. I have therefore made the decision to let someone else in the club have the vehicle free of charge in the hope that they will spend the time to rectify the problem.
Please refer to the cars for sale section for further details. Thank you to all the members who have offered advice.
Barry Emmens.
email:[email protected]
Hi Barry, A few years ago, my V6 refused to start. I called out the AA and he got the car started using a can of spray called ‘Easy Start”, he got the car going. After that I bought a can and used it several times to start the car by spraying it into the air intake, whilst turning the ignition key. https://www.holtsauto.com/holts/supp...diesel-engine/. I can’t remember why it wouldn’t start, but will search my posts to find out.

The AA chap went onto to clean my engine and he polished up my alternator. He told me how once a month, he takes the engine out of his XJS to clean everything. He struck me for being an enthusiast and a very nice man.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote