View Single Post
Old 29th September 2020, 15:51   #11983
Gigagator
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon, Rover 25, Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post
Put the CDTi in for MOT this morning, got the days wrong so been driving wifeys Zr105 into work for a couple of days .

As usual starts on the button.
But heading hanging down, washer arm works but flops about, wiper blades don't do much, was told charge light keeps coming on ? so order new alternator ,

but not come on while I'm driving.

Gear stick is a bit floppy , are there bushes we can change ?

Car full of womens junk , i.e shopping n stuff !

Seems to steer wierd , very tram liney on bumpy ,but ok on smooth roads

Heater knob comes off in your hand and temps won't adjust.
What gearbox is in this? If its the IB5 there is a bush on the end of the gear stick where the rubber disintegrates. I've never seen a 25 or ZR, at the ages they are now, where this rubber is still intact.

There's a mod you can purchase from Dark Ice Designs that replaces the bush with a spherical bearing. It was a good chunk of a days work for me on a driveway with ramps and stands, probably quicker if you are handy mechanically - if I can do it, anyone can.

https://darkicedesigns.com/products/...-fix-f-ibf-001

Can't help with the womens junk, but with regards to steering issue, probably worth getting a proper 4 wheel laser alignment done at your local garage. It's worked a treat for me in the past in curing erratic steering feel.

Not sure on heater knob, can usually get used replacements on ebay for not much coinage, if the knob is knackered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post
Nice if she'd mention this sometime , looks like a few things to for muggins to do now on top of the paintwork list.

Chris
Could be worse.
Ms. Gigagator always informs me if anything is amiss, to the point where a stone flying up into the wheel arch while she is driving is worthy of my investigation.
Gigagator is offline   Reply With Quote