View Single Post
Old 28th June 2020, 18:32   #13
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil-T4 View Post
Strictly speaking you dont need to change the duplex or speed settings for the NIC on the laptop unless you have a very early T4 interface with old firmware, most units work fine using auto negotiation.

"No flashing led lights on the handheld interface" - can you explain further as the T4 interface is certainly not a handheld device!
Many thanks for taking the time to reply - The first laptop I used was the original Dell (?). Brian advised I should set the IP etc manually, but confused as I believe when I install the RDS it says something about Network setting(?).

Sorry for my ignorance but I don't know what the various parts are called. Brian referred to a green led next to the LAN socket on the interface. The only part I can see which matches his description is the bay where the handheld device lives.

I get no flashing lights when I try to connect to a car, the T4 tells me there's a problem with the long cable, tells me to use the blue lead rather than the red one and finally gives me a telephone number to Omitec.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote