View Single Post
Old 1st April 2022, 20:10   #5
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

I am a bit cautious answering anything that is posted on 1 April but I will give you the benefit of the doubt !

Bad smoking of the FBH is usually caused by unburnt fuel in the combustion chamber which gets clogged up with carbon over time and prevents the combustion process operating as it should

This is a combustion chamber that came out of one of the FBH's myself and Steve serviced and is one of the worst I have seen

This is what it should look like and that is the tip of the glow plug you can see at the bottom

They can smoke that bad that some people think the car is on fire and have been known to phone the fire brigade , check this one out !

https://youtu.be/txo_bvRd6rM

If you have pulled the under bonnet fuse 8 then there is no way that the FBH should come on and will give you time to get it sorted, but they can get spurious signals from the K Bus from time to time so cut the red and white wire that goes into pin 2 on the 6 pin plug to make sure ( the red and white wire is not needed for operation of the FBH it is used purely for diagnostics so ok to cut it )

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote