View Single Post
Old 14th February 2021, 16:24   #72
Gigagator
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon, Rover 25, Mazda 6

With huge regrets I am likely to be leaving 75 ownership due to having no time to keep on top of her ongoing issues. It is a very sad occasion for me.

However, her replacement arrived with me last week and reminds me very much of the 75 in that I think it has quite a timeless design, has quite a lot of character, feels very plush and is built in Birmingham by our great British workforce.

Jaguar XF.
You can pick up these pre-facelift models up for not much coin these days and I think they are in a sweet spot of being cheap enough for an everyday man like me to own, and still being in good condition and cared for.

This particular one has done 54000 miles, has quite a clean MOT history, full service history and has been looked after by previous owners (receipts and paperwork backs this up).

It has every option I could want to make life pleasant like heated (and cooled!) seats, heated steering wheel, heated front windscreen and a bunch of other gubbins.

It is painful leaving 75 ownership (though I have no intention of leaving these forums), but a car like this eases the pain somewhat. I like to think if Rover were still going they would be making motors like this.

My only gripe is fuel consumption.
With a 3.0L petrol V6, she's thirsty compared to my 1.8 K-series (which I thought was garbage on fuel!)

Gigagator is offline   Reply With Quote