View Single Post
Old 14th February 2021, 20:48   #76
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

The problem is modern stuff sucks you in with its technology and refinement but the first time it goes wrong you will be crying. I have given numerous cases of where modern stuff bites you back but we can all be sucked in when our old one is playing up or you are getting bored.

I must admit I was tempted with a V8 XF recently, a nice example with all the toys and it went up the road like a scalded cat and high 20's mpg on a run. Its owner presented me with the service history and that was enough to scare me off. A full set of brakes at £1000 plus the fitting 18 months previous, some work by a dealer to track down a warning light £600 and the cause a faulty sensor at £200.

SWMBO is bored with her 2005 Mini with 90k on the clock, it has never missed a beat in the 8 years of ownership, it passes each MOT with no advises and she wants a newer car like her mates. Apparently it can text to people by talking your message, when I asked what it was? she has no idea. I then asked her when was the last time she needed to text while driving? She did admit never but it might be useful. My guess when that amazing feature goes wrong I wont be able to fix it and the dealer will want a weeks wages to get it to work.

Go and have a look around the nearest scrapyard, most stuff is in there because it costs to much to repair because a warning light is on.

Last edited by SCP440; 14th February 2021 at 20:54..
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote