View Single Post
Old 17th December 2013, 15:36   #9
rasa
Gets stuck in

bmw 335d e92se and 330d sport e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
Hi Matt

Thanks for coming back to me. There have been some further developments, in that I’ve had the car up on axle stands and there is definitely some fluid at the bottom of the bell housing, as much as I’ve tried to come to a different conclusion I suspect that the slave cylinder is away. That said I’ve taken the master off, there’s certainly fluid in the reservoir, but the fluid at the base of the bell housing must have come from somewhere in the system.

So I’m currently thinking that I’ll need to replace the lot, although I was aware of the imminent arrival of the metal slave, when do you think its going to be available, if it is in the next few weeks then I may hold off. I’m away over Christmas and New Year so wouldn’t be planning to do anything until the second or third week of January. However do I want to be a guinea pig for the new slave?

I must admit I was wondering if the slave has been slowly weeping since I’ve had the car and that some fluid from the slave was getting onto the clutch causing the infrequent judder, although I haven’t seen much in the forum posts to suggest that anyone else has had a similar problem.

Cheers

Gavin
my master leaked and also from bell housing , replaced clutch and slave , never replaced master and all was fine, the master seems to leak when the slave deteriorates.